About DB

History

The society evolved from The Hampstead Guild of Scribes and Bookbinders which was founded in 1951. Its name was changed in 1955 to The Guild of Contemporary Bookbinders.

Originally the Guild was an informal group of about a dozen practising bookbinders, but gradually an increasing number of people with an interest in bookbinding wished to be associated with the Guild’s activities and so, in 1968, a formal constitution was drawn up and the present name, Designer Bookbinders, was adopted. In 1981 the society was accorded charitable status.

For a more detailed history, click here.

 

   

site maintenance: www.meljefferson.com