- Studied Illustration and Graphic design at Norwich School of Art, gaining
a BA (Hons) in 1997.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Fine Bookbinding at
London College of Communication 2004.
- Has worked in various trade binderies
in London 2000 – 5, including
Shepherds Bindery and Bernard Quaritch.
- Since 2005 has been self employed
working on commissions for fine bindings, printing of own artists
books and bespoke box making.
- Elected a Licentiate in 2006 after winning First Prize and Mansfield Silver Medal in The Bookbinding Competition 2005.
- Elected Fellow of DB in 2010.
- Other awards include Forwarding
prize in the 2006 Competition.
- Work held in private collections
in UK, including The British Library, and the USA.
- “ It is important to me to bind a given
book with great respect for the contents. My aim is to entice
and excite the reader into the book,
to achieve harmony between design and function. Through my
designs I look to convey an essential element of the book, and for my
design to become a natural extension