- I discovered bookbinding whilst studying for
a Graphic Design and Illustration degree in Bath in 1996 and I have pursued
the subject ever since. On leaving university I moved to London and found
part-time work in a couple of binderies: Alinea and Shepherds, before
studying bookbinding at the London College of Printing.
- In 2000, I started at the Chelsea Bindery working
on many aspects of bookbinding including decorative onlay work and box-making.
- I am also a student at Mark Cockram’s
Studio 5 working mainly on design bindings for the Designer Bookbinders
competitions. In 2008 and 2009 was awarded the Folio Society Second Prize
and the Friends of John Rylands Finishing Prize respectively.
- In February 2010 I was elected a Licentiate
of Designer Bookbinders.
- I left the Chelsea Bindery in May 2009 to start
up my own business in north London: Black Fox Bindery. I work on commissioned
bindings, restoration, box-making, label making, blocking, decorative
leather onlays and design bindings.