- Studied Art, Design and Bookbinding at The
University of Brighton from 1977-81.
- Designer Bookbinders Competition Prizewinner:
First Prize and Silver Medal in 1980. First Prize for the Open Choice
book 2003 and 2004, with Mansfield Medal 2004.
- Elected Licentiate member of DB in 1980
and Fellow 2005.
- Co-founded Bookbinders of Lewes in1992,
undertaking a wide variety of binding projects.
- 'Texture is a recurrent element in my work
which I have been exploring in recent bindings, often using found objects
to print onto or impress into the surface of leather and paper. I like
the immediacy of these techniques and the tactile textures they create.'