- Born in Tokyo, Japan. Worked as a professional
photographer after gaining BA (Hons.) in Photography
from Nihon University in 2000.
- Gained BA (Hons.) in Book Arts
and Crafts at London College of Communication,
and MA in Conservation Studies at West Dean College.
- Currently working in London as a bookbinder/conservator
chiefly for The Wyvern Bindery, and occasionally for Victoria & Albert
Museum. Also private book conservators & clients.
- Awarded Highly Commended at Designer Bookbinders
competition in 2006, and commended at Scotland National Library competition
- Sayaka has design bindings in private collections
in U.K. and USA.